Guitar Lessons Christchurch
Clevetown Studios is a multi functional music production and music teaching studio, owned and operated by local musician Steve Fowler. We are located on the first floor of The C4 Coffee building at 278 Tuam Street, Christchurch, New Zealand. Currently the studio employs 5 music teachers and 2 recording engineers. We also offer production services for musicians looking to expand their creativity.
Learn To Play The Guitar
Have you always wanted to play the guitar, but never got around to actually getting started? Clevetown Studios experienced guitar tutors offer guitar lessons for beginners right through to an advanced level. If you’re a beginner, you’ll learn how to hold a guitar and pick, become familar with the guitar, learn music theory, scales and chords and over time you’ll be playing some of your favourite songs. Our guitar teachers offer a wealth of experience so if you want to learn to play the guitar, you have come to the right place.
Contact us today for more information about how you can learn to play the guitar or to book your first guitar lesson with us.
Meet Our Guitar Tutors
Steve Fowler – Guitar Tutor
With over 25 years experience playing guitar, and 12 years of teaching, Steve also plays numerous other instruments including drums, bass, keys, banjo, mandolin and ukulele.
As founder of Clevetown Studios Steve has many years of live sound and recording experience and has played in, produced and recorded numerous local bands such as the Paper Creatures, Sweet Leaf & Podocarp projects.
Rhys Bell – Guitar Tutor
My name is Rhys Bell and I’ve been playing guitar for 8 years now. My journey started with Steve training me up when I started at Breens intermediate in year 7, and continued until I started to work for him as a guitar tutor. I teach mainly rock and metal stuff, but enjoy teaching blues and acoustic pieces too.
As well as being a guitarist, I have been playing drums for ten years and play in a heavy metal band called Empire. I believe that students need to look forward to coming to guitar lessons, and I do my best to make them feel as comfortable as I can while still maintaining a professional attitude.
I feel that if a student enjoys playing and learning guitar, that will be their biggest incentive to practice, practice, practice and get better which is why i like to make sure guitar lessons with me are fun and chilled out!
- Our music lessons are charged out at $32.00 incl GST per half hour session which includes all the music printouts a student will need.
- The frequency of lessons is once per week and we operate from Monday to Thursday 3:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Generally, we follow the school term system which is four 10 week terms per year, with a 2 week break in between each term.
- Invoices are sent out via email, or post (if requested), at the start of each term and are payable within 14 days. Alternatively we are happy for clients to pay via weekly, fortnightly or monthly automatic payments.
- With new students we are happy to do a 2-3 week trial period, where lessons can be paid on a per lesson basis. We want our students to feel comfortable with the teacher, and the premises before they commit to a full term.
- We are also happy to negotiate alternative teaching arrangements whether that be a longer 1 hour lesson per week, or a fortnightly lesson, instead of weekly.
For more information, or to enquire about available time slots for guitar lessons, please contact Steve Fowler via the contact form on the website.